250 – 4″ x 4″ – full color 3M brand punch-cut digital diecut stickers.
|The Eastern Salisbury Fire Department was formed in 1989, the department was formed after merging two seperate fire companies: the River Road Fire Company on Jeter Avenue that was organized January 31, 1949, covering the 1st ward, and Salisbury No. 1 Fire Company that originated in 1928 and was located on Marlow Street, covering the area of the 2nd and 3rd wards.
Originally, the River Road Fire Co. started as the River Road Social Club, formed in 1944 as a home or club for returing verterans. Twenty-five firefighters from each station joined together to become Eastern Salisbury Fire Department while still serving out of two stations with Jummy Young, Sr. as fire chief. With the support of township commissioners, the school board and residents, residents approved a referendum for the funding needed to construct a new station.
In 1992, the combined stations of Eastern Salisbury Fire Department moved into a new building at 1000 East Emmaus Avenue. Currently approximately 40 volunteer firefighters serve the Eastern Salisbury area. In 2009 the department responded to 300 calls. Clint Ballek, whose grandfather was a firefighter with ESFD and who has been with ESFD since 1985, is the current fire chief.